[erlang-questions] Job opportunities at Greenplum
Sun Oct 11 06:13:51 CEST 2009
On 10/10/09 12:49 PM, "Florian Waas" <> wrote:
Interesting job opportunities for Erlang developers:
Building the world's largest Data Warehouses at true petabyte-scale, Greenplum is committed to pioneering massively parallel data-intensive analytic processing. We are looking for talented individuals to join our team and explore and develop advanced technology as part of our Distributed Systems Engineering group.
Greenplum Database is a massively parallel and distributed database system consisting of clusters of database servers. Coordination of independent systems, effective fault detection, and recovery strategies are just some of the areas that are critical for meeting requirements for high-availability and scalability for which our team is responsible.
With the Enterprise Data Cloud Initiative Greenplum enables dynamic (re-)configuration of clusters, data-mart consolidation, and enterprise-wide data sharing pushing the envelope of scalability and availability for data management even further.
* participate in the research and design for state-of-the-art fault-tolerant management frameworks
* own the design process, implementation, and verification of framework components leveraging standard software engineering methodologies
* maintain and improve existing infrastructure components
* a passion for building great software
extensive experience in developing highly scalable distributed systems
* in-depth understanding of High Availability concepts
* strong system development skills
* good knowledge of parallel programming paradigms
* advanced degree in CS, or equivalent
* solid coding skills in Erlang/OTP
* team player; capable of conducting independent research
* result-driven, self-motivated, self-starter
* not afraid to take on hard technical challenges
* excellent communication skills
Experience in any of the following fields is a definite plus:
* database internals
* experience with PostgreSQL/Greenplum Database
* enterprise software development
Greenplum is setting the pace in the database/datawarehousing space. We are growing rapidly and providing solutions to major companies in the industry.
More information about the erlang-questions