[erlang-questions] wxErlang - wxLogNull question

Amit Murthy amit.murthy@REDACTED
Fri Oct 9 02:24:58 CEST 2009

> this seems to be the reason for having a separate wxexlang os process
> instead of a driver.
> If people begins to exercise more and more library funtions for porpouses
> other that display a GUI
> we can lose all the resilence we have in the VM.
>
> Just take this "or the image binary is corrup" and now how do you (1) "let
> other process fix the error" when we
> have a lot of code and subtle bugs buried inside a big erlang driver?

Just started using wxErlang, but I did not notice the following :

 - create a wxImage object from a corrupted image file.
 - the getHeight() and getWidth() functions return 0, which is OK
 - but, if you execute some other image manipulation functions like
convertAlphaToMask(),
it results in a "segmentation fault" and crashes the entire VM.

  Amit