How to format a local timestamp?

Cameron Kerr ckerr@REDACTED
Sat Oct 3 00:05:14 CEST 2009

I must surely be missing something in the documentation, but I cannot
find any easy way to generate a human-readable timestamp easily in Erlang.

I would have expected something in the calendar module, but there is
nothing that returns a string. I've hunted and I found something for
RFC1123 format in httpd_util, but that is always in GMT, and I would
much prefer something more familiar to the user (ie. localtime, with or
without timezone).

Surely there must be a standard function for doing something like
this... until then, I'll just ~p  calendar:local_time().

Thanks,
Cameron