[erlang-questions] Re: trading systems

andrew mmc andrewmmc@REDACTED
Fri Oct 2 20:09:43 CEST 2009

Is this a project for a big bank or something else?

Have you got any idea of what level of performance you need?  How close are
you to the exchange, for example?  There isn't much point in slaving over
unit milliseconds when you are 400ms from the exchange, for example.
Personally, unless you are doing this with one of the very big banks, I
think you are fighting a losing battle.  The big players (and the only
people actually making money doing this) colocate their trading servers with
the exchange servers - in the same room, with dedicated network connections.
 Unless you can compete with that level of funding and access, there are
better alternatives to make money trading.