[erlang-questions] trading systems

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Thu Oct 1 22:45:54 CEST 2009

On Oct 1, 2009, at 9:36 PM, Jayson Vantuyl wrote:

> Are you using vanilla tracing, sequential tracing, or both?  Yes,
> the mailboxes are the number one headache for me.

I haven't tried sequential tracing, although I did consider it at one
point. See the message I just posted to the list for my tracing helpers.

> You can always get at the message queue with erlang:process_info(self
> (),messages).  I have a check in most of my servers that, when I'm
> debugging, will dump the message queue to disk if it gets over a
> certain size.  Helps me track down places that need to be
> synchronized to prevent run-ahead.

You can also crash the system and then inspect the dump for the
contents of the message queues, stacks, etc. It's not that difficult.

---
fastest mac firefox!
http://wagerlabs.com