[erlang-questions] trading systems

Jayson Vantuyl kagato@REDACTED
Thu Oct 1 20:49:06 CEST 2009

I would really recommend starting out with a naive implementation.  If
anything it will give you something to use as a baseline for
comparison and profiling will tell you how much you can eventually
save with a more complex approach.

Also, play with HIPE.  It currently is a bit unstable for general use,
but judicious HIPE compilation of key modules might be very helpful.

Out of curiosity, what features of Erlang make you want to try this?
It would seem that it's made more for fault-tolerance / scalability
and less for the absolute lowest-latency.