DEFUN09: Final Call for Talks & Tutorials (co-located w/ ICFP09)

Matthew Fluet (ICFP Publicity Chair) icfp.publicity@REDACTED
Thu May 28 06:36:46 CEST 2009

                    Call for Talks and Tutorials
    ACM SIGPLAN 2009 Developer Tracks on Functional Programming
                     http://www.defun2009.info/
            Edinburgh, Scotland, September 3 and 5, 2009
      The workshop will be held in conjunction with ICFP 2009
             http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~gmh/icfp09.html

Important dates

Proposal Deadline: June 5, 2009
Notification: June 19, 2009

This is a second invitation to submit talk and tutorial proposals for DEFUN
2009, the ICFP 2009 Developer Tracks. The deadline for submissions is next
Friday, June 5.

We want to know about your favorite programming techniques, powerful
libraries, and engineering approaches you've used that the world should know
about and apply to other projects. We want to know how to be productive
using functional programming, write better code, and avoid common pitfalls.

DEFUN is contiguous with CUFP 2009, the goal of which is to build a
community for users of functional programming languages and technology.
DEFUN provides the more technical, teaching-oriented parts of functional
programming, while CUFP focuses on the commercial, management, and software
engineering aspects.

For more details of the kinds of proposals we would like to see, and how to
submit, please see our original call for proposals at
http://www.defun2009.info/blog/call-for-talks-and-tutorials/