[erlang-questions] What is the status of ebdc?

Carl McDade carlmcdade@REDACTED
Wed May 20 20:50:58 CEST 2009

Yes, I see the movement towards these schema-less data sources and
while they are useful and needed in some situations they don't fit in
every situation.

I would have thought that given the rise in interest in Erlang in 2006
and MySQLs dominance on the web that there would be a mature and
robust solution three years later. I can understand Yariv's situation
in being only a single developer working. But Ericsson, Process One
and Erlang-consulting or any of the FOSS projects don't seem to have
any interest in using any RDBMS.  The lack of something like this is a
show stopper for many companies and developers.

I hope that enough interest is sparked in 2009 to turn this situation
around in a short time.

I am taking baby steps in learning this and part of the process is
being able to slowly build on what I already know.