[erlang-questions] Mnesia, Persistence, & Memory

Benjamin Tolputt btolputt@REDACTED
Thu Mar 26 08:09:31 CET 2009

I am looking at putting together a distributed database back-end
together for a project designed to show the scalability of Erlang and am
looking at using Mnesia.

However, I have heard that there is only memory usage two choices
available - fully loaded into RAM or loaded on-demand from disk (with no
caching). Is this assumption correct?

I'd like to use Mnesia (for a variety of reasons), but if the only
choice of operations are RAM-bound and disk-bound (with no compromise
between the two) it seems like it is designed for the wrong use case for me.

--
Regards,

Benjamin Tolputt
Analyst Programmer