[erlang-questions] where to find correct documentation for erlang distribution over SSL?

Kris Prieb kris_prieb@REDACTED
Mon Mar 23 22:35:51 CET 2009

I have been trying to start erlang distribution over SSL using SSL
3.10 in OTP R12-B5 by following Section 5 of the SSL User's Guide
(http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/ssl/usersguide_frame.html).  I have
gotten two nodes up, but I cannot get them to successfully
net_adm:ping/1 each other. (I get a pang not a pong).  I only just
read that the documentation for distribution over SSL is in fact not
entirely correct.  As noted in the release notes for SSL 3.10:

"1.1.3 Known Bugs and Problems
Running erlang distribution over ssl don't work as described in the
documentation.
Own Id: OTP-7536"

Does anyone know where I might find correct documentation on erlang
distribution over SSL, or alternatively, what parts of the current
documentation are incorrect and how?

Thanks in advance!
Kris