[erlang-questions] Binary Parsing

wolfmanjm wolfmanjm@REDACTED
Sun Mar 22 04:35:48 CET 2009

Actually Length is bound as it is bound in the preceding Expression,
so what you are doing is valid I do it all the time, I think what you
need to do is put parenthesis around...

(Att:Length - 2)/binary

as mentioned in the docs...

"Used in a bit string construction, Value is an expression which
should evaluate to an integer, float or bit string. If the expression
is something else than a single literal or variable, it should be
enclosed in parenthesis."