[erlang-questions] Monads in Erlang?

Robert Raschke rtrlists@REDACTED
Thu Mar 19 17:40:29 CET 2009

Hi,

all this very interesting discussion about patterns and state carrying
from one expression to the next makes me think a lot of state monads.

I've never really delved into Haskell all too deeply (it's on my list
of things to learn much more of), but would some of the objections and
issues to do with numbered "state patterns" be addressed by something
similar to state monads? I'm guessing that tuple patterns involving
atoms as signifiers for results make this tricky, but maybe someone
has thought about this in more detail?

Robby