[erlang-questions] How should I distribute load amongst a cluster?

ryeguy ryeguy1@REDACTED
Wed Mar 18 20:18:38 CET 2009

I was looking at the slave/pool modules and it seems similar to what I
want, but it also seems like I have a single point of failure in my
application (if the master node goes down).

The client has a list of gateways (for the sake of fallback - all do
the same thing) which accept connections, and one is chosen from
randomly by the client. When the client connects all nodes are
examined to see which has the least load and then the IP of the least-
loaded server is forwarded back to the client. The client then
connects to this server and everything is executed there.

In summary, I want all nodes to act as both gateways and to actually
process client requests. The load balancing is only done when the
client initially connects - all of the actual packets and processed on
the client's "home" node.

How would I do this?