[erlang-questions] Restore state on supervisor restart

Dave Bryson daveb@REDACTED
Wed Mar 18 15:47:23 CET 2009

I have a gen_server that's linked to a supervisor. When the gen_server
is started it uses some arguments passed on the command line to erl to
setup its state.  If the gen_server dies, I want the supervisor to use
the gen_server's last state to restart it.  How can I pass the last
state of the dying gen_server to the supervisor for restart? Is this
possible without persisting the state to disk?

Thanks,
Dave