[erlang-questions] Reassigning variables

Benjamin Tolputt btolputt@REDACTED
Wed Mar 18 00:58:42 CET 2009

Johnny Billquist wrote:
> And using throw/catch seems to me like just some extra distance to
> go to for this simple problem.

Actually, I dislike the idea of using throw/catch in such a way. It
ruins the "flow" of programming in much the same way as using a "goto"
would. Given we're talking about "purity" & ease of code understanding
as reasons against the use of multi-assignment variables - I would think
throw/catch is a bad, bad thing to suggest, right?

> But maybe I'm missing something else/more here

You would not be the only one. I'm trying to understand a couple of
things about this myself.

--
Regards,

Benjamin Tolputt