[erlang-questions] Erlang module for command line interfaces?

mats cronqvist masse@REDACTED
Fri Mar 6 15:48:37 CET 2009

cayle.spandon@REDACTED writes:

> Is there an Erlang module which allows me to implement an interactive command
> line interface (CLI) for a networking protocol? The CLI would be used both for
> configuration ("config commands") and status reporting ("show commands").

  OTP comes with a shell (the erlang shell.) It's not particularly
  difficult to write your own shell. I can state that with some degree
  of certainty because I've actually done it (for netconf, actually.)

> I guess am looking to something similar to what Tail-f Systems provides,
> except it needs to be free / open source and I don't need the netconf part of
> it for now, just the CLI part.
>
> If no such "CLI module" is available, what is the "Erlang way" of
> configuration and status reporting for stand-alone daemons written in Erlang?

erl -remsh might do the trick. And SNMP is of course available.

  mats