[erlang-questions] Anything faster than file_sorter available?

Paul Fisher pfisher@REDACTED
Thu Mar 5 00:14:38 CET 2009

Has anyone run into issue that the file_sorter module ends up not being
fast enough and you found something else that was faster?

We are finding that sorting using the file_sorter module (even with all
related code compiled with {hipe,o3}) is many times slower (4-5 times)
than native code, sorting even on a single file containing on the order
of 300k records.  I've poked at this for a bit and have only been able
to optimize the code to this point and no better.  We are using R12B-5
with the HiPE patch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
paul