Re. ec2 forced close of idle connections

Tony Seebregts tony.seebregts@REDACTED
Thu Jun 25 18:25:18 CEST 2009

Hi,

Its unlikely unless Amazon have changed their policy recently (as in the
last month'ish) - a server I was running on EC2 for more than a year had
relatively idle connections (as in a 'ping' message every two minutes if
it was doing nothing) and the connections generally persisted unless the
other side shut them down.

regards

Tony Seebregts