eunit vs. common_test

Jim Morris wolfmanjm@REDACTED
Sat Jun 13 00:41:50 CEST 2009

I use eunit for very low level tests of functions where needed, but I
found it too verbose and ugly to do higher level server or proc
testing, call it functional or integration tests.

So I use Cucumber and RSpec to do my higher level tests, I use RSpec
to do functional testing of internal servers or procs that can be
accessed via an RPC call, and I use Cucumber for integration tests of
the exposed API of a server.

More info on how I do it here...

http://blog.wolfman.com/articles/2009/5/2/using-cucumber-to-test-erlang-servers

I'll be posting a more detailed version for RSpec fairly soon.

Basically I wrap JInterface in a ruby wrapper, and run the whole thing
under JRuby.