[erlang-questions] Multicast UDP and Linux

Mark Fine mark.fine@REDACTED
Wed Jun 10 08:41:12 CEST 2009

The raw option

{raw,0,39,<<16#e2000000:32,16#0:32,16#01010101:32>>}

successfully generated IGMPv3 reports on my configuration -- traceroute showed

igmp v3 report, 2 group record(s) [gaddr 226.0.0.0 allow { 1.1.1.1 }]
[gaddr 226.0.0.0 to_in { 1.1.1.1 }]

The interface I generated the report on had a v3 querier:

# cat /proc/net/igmp
Idx	Device    : Count Querier	Group    Users Timer	Reporter
2	eth0      :     5      V3
				000000E2     1 0:00000000		0

otherwise you might need to configure "force_igmp_version".