[erlang-questions] pipe messages sent between different nodes to boost speed

Davide Marquês nesrait@REDACTED
Tue Jun 9 18:03:16 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Roberto: I did read your blog post and tried out the code on a windows
machine with very positive results! :)

I find Roberto's approach really interesting in that in adition to speeding
up message delivery it opens the door for a mailman-like message passing
system!
My take is that Erlang could benefit from such a tool in that it would help
support applications with looser inter-process communication requirements.
Instead of having lots of processes "monitoring" their communication
partners the processes could simply deliver the message to the mailman and
delegate the efective message delivery to that entity. This is turn could
turn the whole software more amenable to handle network
partitions/disconnected operations than the current erlang tool set (which
favours consistency and availability over partition-tolerance).

Thumbs up to Roberto for this great little experience! :)

Cheers,
:Davide