[erlang-questions] Vim Editor Erlang Indentation

Felipe Kober kobergeek@REDACTED
Thu Jun 4 20:44:50 CEST 2009

> The largest difference is that emacs erlang mode tries to
> *align* code, while the indentation script linked above will only
> increase or decrease the *level of indentation* depending on what tokens
> were found.

Oscar yes exactly the difference I encounter. And was not sure if problem is
in vim limitations in making aligned code happen. Can vim hold alignment
counters for each and still parse text rapidly? I'm sorry I don't know vim
scripting.  The simple idea i can think is to make bracket (, [, { turn into
tab-stop just as in word. Position of last bracket + 1 == spaces in next
line.

Felipe.