[erlang-questions] how to break the problem. the erlang way?

Witold Baryluk baryluk@REDACTED
Fri Jul 31 22:27:51 CEST 2009

Dnia 2009-07-31, pią o godzinie 23:09 +0300, Ovidiu Deac pisze:
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 6:41 PM, Mihai Balea<mihai@REDACTED> wrote:
> >
> > One advantage of having transient processes is that you can tune them to
> > never need garbage collection, which is not the case for long lived
> > processes.
>
> Can you detail this part? I don't think I understand what you mean by
> "tune them to never need garbage collection" but it sounds good :)

I think He mean that if spawned process will do its job quickly
(and it will not trigger garbage collection due to small usage of own
heap and stack), all memory will be freed after its terminate.
So it will still reclaim its memory, but it will be trivial and
ultra fast.

--
Witold Baryluk <baryluk@REDACTED>