[erlang-questions] Re: Mnesia Read/Write question.

Ola Andersson A ola.a.andersson@REDACTED
Fri Jul 31 11:23:10 CEST 2009

Hi Gene,

Read the answers from Maria and Steve again. They are both right.
Anyway, the first problem with A) is probably that Id do not contain a
#test{} record.
That is the most likely cause for the {badrecord,test} error.
The second problem is that you're syntax for mnesia:dirty_read is wrong.
Assuming that you have Id assigned to a #test{} record, the call
translates to mnesia:dirty_read(undefined)
(or what ever the value of the field item happens to be).
This has obviously never worked. You have to specify the table that the
key belong to.
Like mnesia:dirty_read({test, Key}).
/Ola.