Nested for-loops, there has to be a better way to do this

Yves S. Garret yoursurrogategod@REDACTED
Fri Jul 31 04:00:55 CEST 2009

Yes, that looks like it could work, but I was hoping for something
within one function.  Don't take it the wrong way, but loops (to me)
are supposed to be simple and when it involves more than one function,
it just seems like over-kill :-) .