[erlang-questions] New IRC Channel: #erlang-otp

ttmrichter@REDACTED ttmrichter@REDACTED
Thu Jul 30 07:11:30 CEST 2009

On Jul 30, 2009 5:34am, Tuncer Ayaz <tuncer.ayaz@REDACTED> wrote:
> > * Have an Erlang question you need answered quick?
> > * Wishing you had a friendly place to hang out online with other
> Erlangers?
> > * Tired of either the silence or trolling on #erlang?

> What's the motivation?

Well, looking at the last five hours of activity on #erlang, I saw three
questions asked, no responses. (To be fair I did catch the tail end of what
appeared to be a Q&A session upon logging in.) This dearth of activity is
in spite of the way-too-many-people-for-me-to-count logged in.

I also know that the one and only person I've ever felt the need to gag on
Freenode was an Erlanger on #erlang. I'm on about 20 channels right now and
have been so for years (with the specific channels varying, of course, with
my interests). And despite all that I've only once felt the desire to gag
someone, and that was on #erlang. (And the guy being gagged was being
gagged because he was being a jerk to new users, no less. Not exactly the
face any community wants to put forth, right?) Oh, the guy also cited Eric
Naggum. As a good thing.