Misultin v0.1 released

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Tue Jul 28 11:44:38 CEST 2009

Hi Roberto,

Always good to have more tools for building stuff with Erlang, but I
am driven to comment on your benchmark comment:

"Misultin is an average *25-30% faster* than Mochiweb" (your emphasis)

...well, this doesn't surprise me enormously as Misultin appears to do
about 40-50% less than Mochiweb!

I can see a use for Misultin for very simple serving apps, but as soon
as you get into building any non-trivial application you'll need to
add back that functionality -- and I suspect that will slow the server
down a fair bit.

Out of interest, you should take a look at the Yaws/Mochiweb
comparison (link?). These are interesting because Yaws does in general
50-80% more for you than Mochiweb but yet compares very favorably on
the benchmarks.

Congrats on your release and thanks for sharing this with us.

Best regards,
Steve