[erlang-questions] Misultin v0.1 released

Antoine Koener antoine.koener@REDACTED
Tue Jul 28 10:57:05 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 10:11 AM, Roberto Ostinelli <roberto@REDACTED>wrote:

> On 28/lug/09, at 07:31, Zhuguo Shi wrote:
>
>  Great news. But I still wonder if it can be a substitute of apache or
>> lighthttpd in realworld? Could you make a comparison of them?
>>

> well, i believe it is a little like comparing apple to peers: apache is a
> fully featured web server while misultin is a library, and plus apache does
> not provide a dynamic content engine, you need to plug one in: php, python,
> ruby, ... and thus speed [not the number of handled connections] is
> dependant on the chosen engine.
>
> however, this is a common question and i will perform some testings on
> apache too.

If you do benchmarks, please don't forget to test 'nginx'...

I think that you won't beat any optimized httpd since the memory used by one
client is rather low compared to what erlang does. (socket + buffers)

See also:
http://www.metabrew.com/article/a-million-user-comet-application-with-mochiweb-part-1/