[erlang-questions] Fw: Newbie question

kevin.hostelley@REDACTED kevin.hostelley@REDACTED
Tue Jul 21 20:17:19 CEST 2009

Maxim Treskin <zerthurd@REDACTED> wrote on 07/21/2009 02:10:39 PM:

> So "Data" is still in scope even though the receive ended?  If the
receive
> was inside a function, would the scope of "Data" be limited to that
> function?
>

> No. You have badarg error in io:format. There is no 'exception
> error: no match of right hand side value', only badarg.
>
> --
> Maxim Treskin

Thanks for the "~p" tip for io:format.  But the problem I couldn't
understand was why my first receive pattern was skipped.  See Alpar's msg
for the explanation.

Thanks,
Kevin Hostelley

***** PLEASE NOTE ***** This E-Mail/telefax message and any
documents accompanying this transmission may contain privileged
and/or confidential information and is intended solely for the
addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended
addressee/recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of,
disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on the contents of
this E-Mail/telefax information is strictly prohibited and may
result in legal action against you. Please reply to the sender
advising of the error in transmission and immediately
delete/destroy the message and any accompanying documents. Thank
you.*****