SV: [erlang-questions] The meaning of ERTS CXC 138 10

Ulf Wiger <>
Sun Jul 19 12:39:58 CEST 2009

Ericsson is big on 3-letter abbreviations. CXC is an internal Ericsson product type code, and the 5-digit number that follows is a reference in the product database.

Ulf W

-- originalmedd. --
Ämne: [erlang-questions] The meaning of ERTS CXC 138 10
Från: Steve Davis <>
Datum: 2009.07.19 09.12

I have looked around the docs and source code and didn't find the
answer (though I may have missed it).

I have frequently wondered about the *exact* meanings of "CXC" and the
versioning numbers that follow (as returned by

If anybody has a moment to clarify for me I'd be grateful.

erlang-questions mailing list. See
erlang-questions (at)