[erlang-questions] Re: Unicast 20k messages, $500-$1000 bounty

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Fri Jul 17 04:13:07 CEST 2009

Cliff Moon <cliff@REDACTED> wrote:

cm> Your assertion about gen_tcp:send blocking is incorrect in this
cm> particular case.  In this test the async thread queue is enabled,
cm> which allows the io subsystem to queue blocking IO operations and
cm> execute them concurrently with the rest of the VM.

Cliff, I haven't looked deeply into the guts of the R13B VM, but IIRC
the R11 VM + inets driver didn't use the async thread pool.  File I/O
yes, TCP/UDP I/O I don't think so.  Independent (and preferably
authoritative :-) confirmation/refutation is welcome.

-Scott