[erlang-questions] Re: Unicast 20k messages, $500-$1000 bounty

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Thu Jul 16 22:23:11 CEST 2009

Cliff,

On Jul 16, 2009, at 8:29 PM, Cliff Moon wrote:

> Word dogg.  On my ec2 cluster (2 machines, small instance) I'm
> pretty consistently getting under 2 seconds:

Some comments on your code...

Enabling SMP will not improve things on EC2 since it's single-core,
try disabling it.

Did you really see an improvement from  +A 30? I thought it made sense
in linked-in drivers mostly. I'm guilty of leaving +A 8 in my make
file but that's because I forgot to remove it.

Does {keepalive, true} really help?

What did you change in gen_fsm.erl?

I will remove all the messaging from bots back to the mothership since
it's not needed, i.e. everything but success and failure.

	Thanks, Joel

---
Mac hacker with a performance bent
http://www.linkedin.com/in/joelreymont