Unicast 20k messages, $500-$1000 bounty

Joel Reymont <>
Wed Jul 15 19:39:18 CEST 2009

I ran out of ideas on how to optimize my code but my client was kind
enough to let me open source a basic version of the code under the MIT
and offer a bounty for performance improvements.

The rules are very simple...

1) Unicast to 20K clients in < 1s nets you a $1000 bounty.

2) Unicast to 20K clients in < 2s nets you a $500 bounty.

3) Final proof has to be from EC2, one small instance for the server
and one for the bots.

4) {packet, 0}

5) TCP

Lets keep this thread for technical discussion and use #erlang on
irc.freenode.com to discuss.

You can also email me with any questions and follow wagerlabs on

I'll be posting the reference implementation on Github tonight.

	Thanks, Joel

Mac hacker with a performance bent