[erlang-questions] Cannot find erl.exe on Linux Mint

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Wed Jul 15 12:29:15 CEST 2009

Carl McDade wrote:
> Yep, I wanted to compile and use R13B01 because there is no repository
> ( debian or otherwise ) with the latest version. Apt-get only shows
> R12 available.
>
> The files are in a directory under /root/otp_src_R13B01

Ok, so you're doing this as root. In that case, just cd into
the /root/otp_src_R13B01 directory (as you did when you compiled it
to begin with) and write 'make install'. This should install the
executables under the default location /usr/local/bin, and you're
good to go.

For more information, if you want to install under a different
location than the default, etc., read the file called README.
It contains a clear step-by-step instruction on how to configure,
compile, and install. No web tutorials needed.

> I have tried to add to the PATH variable with PATH = $PATH:/root/otp_src_R1301
> But it only returns an error

Well, you left out the /bin part at the end. And while you can run the
system this way, you'll get a better setup if you make a proper install.

    /Richard