[erlang-questions] Cannot find erl.exe on Linux Mint

Carl McDade carlmcdade@REDACTED
Wed Jul 15 12:01:22 CEST 2009

Yep, I wanted to compile and use R13B01 because there is no repository
( debian or otherwise ) with the latest version. Apt-get only shows
R12 available.

The files are in a directory under /root/otp_src_R13B01

I don't know how to create such a link. I am following a tutorial and
there is no mention of such.

I have tried to add to the PATH variable with PATH = $PATH:/root/otp_src_R1301
But it only returns an error

minty ~ # erl
The program 'erl' can be found in the following packages:
 * erlang-base
 * erlang-base-hipe
Try: apt-get install <selected package>
bash: erl: command not found
minty ~ # PATH = $PATH:/root/otp_src_R13B01
bash: PATH: command not found
minty ~ #

--
Carl McDade