20k messages in 4s but want to go faster!

Jim Morris wolfmanjm@REDACTED
Mon Jul 13 23:07:48 CEST 2009

smp was enabled, with smp disabled it seems slightly faster but not
significantly...
> erl -smp disable ...
Latency - max: 203ms, max ave:  180K ms

I have 2 cores and run with this command line...

> erl +A 10 +K true ...

Erlang R13B01 (erts-5.7.2) [source] [smp:2:2] [rq:2] [async-threads:
10] [hipe] [kernel-poll:true]

Although the number of async threads doesn't make too much difference.