[erlang-questions] 20k messages in 4s but want to go faster!

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Mon Jul 13 11:01:41 CEST 2009

On Jul 13, 2009, at 9:03 AM, Rapsey wrote:

> Doing it from a single process might be the bottleneck.

How do you tell?

My biggest beef with Erlang at the moment is this total lack of
transparency.
I was able to run fprof on my code could could not make sense of the
output
since it was almost totally OTP proc_lib, etc. code.

You have the option of putting in your own process tracing
specifications
there's no option to exclude processes in fprof, although this is
possible
with basic Erlang tracing.

---
Mac hacker with a performance bent