[erlang-questions] Documentation build process: creating DocBook XML?

Tuncer Ayaz tuncer.ayaz@REDACTED
Sun Jul 12 01:29:57 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 11:21 PM, Kenneth
Lundin<kenneth.lundin@REDACTED> wrote:
> Most of the doc sources are already there. What's missing is
> working make files to build the doc and the top level documentation.
> But for all applications there is a <appname>/doc/src directory containing the
> xml files and other files which is the doc source for that application.
>
> The plan is to improve this gradually i.e. with working make files for
> open source users and also the tools for building to html and pdf.
>
> Currently we are using the OTP application docbuilder for generating
> the html , man and pdf formats but we have far gone plans to change
> both the tool chain and the dtd's for the sources.
> When it comes to tools we are leaning strongly towards xsltproc for
> the translation to (x)html and xsltproc + Apache FOP for the
> translation to PDF.

What's missing in docbuilder?
The current output we get in HTML and man format are perfect
for me (personally). I guess it's not about style or format and
more about missing functionality.