[erlang-questions] 20k messages in 4s but want to go faster!

andrew mmc andrewmmc@REDACTED
Fri Jul 10 21:33:53 CEST 2009

Hello,

Just an idea, but with the example you tried before, where you spawn
individual processes to send the message, the bottleneck is that the
spawning process is serial.  What about trying a version where you have a
function that spawns two processes, one to send each half of the list.  This
should start off all the processes in one go once the list has been split up
to lists of length 1 - which should be fast.  I don't know how fully this
will fill the bandwidth of your processors, but at least starting the
processes will be concurrent.

Andrew