pg2 on ec2

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Fri Jul 10 15:42:04 CEST 2009

I'm using R13B01 and making my gen_server join the pg2 group like this:

init([Trace]) ->
     process_flag(trap_exit, true),
     pg2:create(?MODULE),
     ok = pg2:join(?MODULE, self()),
     {ok, new(Trace)}.

I start two nodes and launch my gen_server on node #2. I can see the
process in the group with pg2:get_members/1. Problem is,
initialization on node #1 succeeds both on my Mac and on Amazon EC2
(Ubuntu 9.04) but I don't see the local node's process on EC2.

It's as if pg2 was ignoring my attempts to join the group on the other
node while dutifully reporting that everything is fine.

Furthermore, if I convert the pid returned in {ok, Pid} from list to
pid and manually make it join the group then everything is fine on EC2.

Any suggestions?

	Thanks, Joel

---
Mac hacker with a performance bent