[erlang-questions] kpoll still using select

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Thu Jul 9 11:52:39 CEST 2009

On Jul 9, 2009, at 10:28 AM, Sverker Eriksson wrote:

> In case of kernel poll, driver_select may in some
> cases fall back to use select or poll for individual file
> descriptors if the
> OS does not support kernel poll for that device.

./configure --enable-threads --enable-smp-support --enable-kernel-poll
--enable-hipe
checking for working poll()... broken or based on select()
checking whether kqueue() fd can be select()ed on... yes
checking whether kernel poll support should be enabled... yes; kqueue

It should be using kqueue and the Erlang prompt reports that it's
using kqueue. In fact, I distinctly remember being able to go to at
least 20k connections (descriptors) when banging on OpenPoker last year.

It puzzles me greatly that I cannot do better than 1024 this time
around.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

	Thanks, Joel

---