Can't connect to mysql

Michael Terry formido@REDACTED
Wed Jul 8 22:01:30 CEST 2009

I'm trying to connect to a mysql database like so:

C = "Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51
Driver};Server=sub.domain.com;Database=db_name;User=db_user;Password=my_password;Option=3;".
odbc:connect(C, []).

...and all I get is:

{error,"No SQL-driver information available. Connection to database failed."}

I can connect to the db from mysql client. I've been over the server
address, user, and password many, many times. I'm on CentOS and have
unixODBC-devel and mysql-connector-odbc installed. I can't think what
else to try to troubleshoot.

What are possible causes for this? Is there a native erlang mysql
adapter somewhere? I couldn't find one with examples or documentation.

Michael