[erlang-questions] Re: tcp_close during async accept

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Wed Jul 8 18:27:33 CEST 2009

On Jul 8, 2009, at 4:19 PM, Jim Morris wrote:

> Are you testing client and server on same machine?

Yes.

> if not are they on
> the same network? Is there something in between that is doing TCP SYN
> attack mitigation?

I believe I saw the same effect on Amazon EC2.

> One thing I did find is my tester client had to have a very short
> delay between the tcp opens, around 10ms was enough to significantly
> speed up the test.

I'm reconnecting after a random delay when this happens. I was
wondering why it's a successful connection on the client side and then
a tcp_close since it's not even getting to the Erlang accept on the
server side.

	Thanks, Joel

---
Mac hacker with a performance bent