[erlang-questions] tcp_close during async accept

Valentin Micic v@REDACTED
Wed Jul 8 14:41:04 CEST 2009

In my experience, a backlog value is rarely an issue in practice (although
testing may be another matter). What's more often a problem when you do
high-volume testing is number of file descriptors (e.g. maybe you did change
it in ERTS but not at kernel level, or vice-versa), or even value for
TIME_WAIT period etc. What makes you believe that the problem is with
backlog?

V.

-----Original Message-----
From: erlang-questions@REDACTED [mailto:erlang-questions@REDACTED] On
Behalf Of Trevor Woollacott [ MTN - Innovation Centre ]
Sent: 08 July 2009 12:45 PM
To: Joel Reymont
Cc: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: RE: [erlang-questions] tcp_close during async accept

I'm not sure for Max OSX, but I think it is 128. Although that wouldn't
explain why only half of your 700 connections are successful. Maybe there is
a fudge factor involved in the calculation of the actual backlog value, or
maybe the listener process isn't accepting connections quickly enough?
I know for Windows Sockets 1.1 the maximum value is 5, and some versions of
Windows (such as Windows 2000 Server) allow a backlog value of up to 200.

NOTE: This e-mail message is subject to the MTN Group disclaimer see
http://www.mtn.co.za/SUPPORT/LEGAL/Pages/EmailDisclaimer.aspx