[erlang-questions] tail-recursive functions

Vlad Dumitrescu <>
Fri Jan 30 08:49:15 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 23:53, Richard O'Keefe <> wrote:
> Many functions aren't intended to be tail recursive; perhaps any
> check should be confined to functions that are explicitly declared so.

Actually, the problem that should be reported is with functions that
are tail-recursive for all but one or two return paths. The
probability that the function was meant to be fully tail-recursive is
then large enough to make a warning welcome.

In any case, if this is only a problem for me, then it needs no fix :-)