[erlang-questions] application:stop(mnesia) blocking

Colm Dougan colm.dougan@REDACTED
Tue Jan 27 19:03:11 CET 2009

Hi list,

I've got a strange problem with mnesia:stop that is driving me nuts.
I'm sure it must be something trivial I've done wrong but I can't seem
to figure it out.  I have a trivial application called "foo" which
contains a gen_server called foo_main.  The gen_server does an
application:start(mnesia) in its init callback and an
application:stop(mnesia) in the terminate callback.   For some reason
the latter seems to block until it eventually gets killed by the
supervisor.

I'd be very grateful if someone could look at my code and point out
the inevitably dumb thing I'm doing wrong :

    http://github.com/gardenia/sandbox/tree/de2b36089f1d7928de3161fe7f9d6b78f0b840bd/mnesia_hang_on_shutdown

Thanks,
Colm