[erlang-questions] JInterface, RPC, self()

Robert Virding <>
Sat Jan 24 03:31:33 CET 2009

2009/1/23 Steven Edwards <>

> `I still heart Erlang, but we're having some trouble communicating.  I'm
> trying to get RPCs to work correctly, but receive {Pid, Result} fails.  I'm
> pretty sure that it fails because I use {mbox, } as
> the initial Pid and JInterface responds with a differently named process
> id.  (Same process, but Erlang's representation.)

The simple answer is that {} is not the pid of a
process, it is a tuple which us interpreted as the registered name on
another node. So if the actual pid is returned in the message then it can
never match this (or any) tuple.