[erlang-questions] SCTP: controlling process for specified socket AND association ID

Raimo Niskanen <>
Fri Jan 23 14:15:21 CET 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 06:49:58PM +0600, Maxim Treskin wrote:
> Hello
> Is it possible to make controlling process, which handles all messages from
> specified association ID?
> At this time, I have one SCTP-listener, which controls socket and routes
> data received from it to processes of each assoc_id.
> How I can remove this routing? I want something like SCTP-accept function
> for C-language, and don't want to use routing logic in listener process.

No, that is today not possible.

I think what you actually want is the sctp_peeloff() that branches
off one association from a socket into a new one-to-one socket.

That feature is not implemented and have to be carefully thought
through, especially regarding SMP semantics. So it is rather far off
among future plans. E.g active socket mode is a nearer future plan.