[erlang-questions] gen_tcp:transfer_ownership of socket to another node?

Thijs Terlouw thijsterlouw@REDACTED
Fri Jan 23 09:46:01 CET 2009

What happens when I accept a new TCP connection (in processA) and then
transfer the ownership of that socket from processA to processB which is
running on another Erlang node(B)? I assume that Beam then keeps 'something'
running on the original node(A) to keep the connection open, even if
processA is killed?

That way i would be able to send data to the socket from processB after
processA is killed? The data would then be copied from one VM to another VM
(because the socket cannot move of course)?

Is this correct?

Thijs Terlouw - China