[erlang-questions] Why does "+K true" degrade TCP/IP performance?

Richard Andrews bbmaj7@REDACTED
Fri Jan 16 04:48:44 CET 2009

> Is there people who using benefits of "+K true"? Please tell me, what
> should I use it for?

I've never used the erl +K option but my understanding is that epoll provides benefits when you have a large number of open sockets to watch. The benefits are because the file-descriptor set is stored in the kernel and only needs to be modified when there are changes, not marshalled and resent completely every call like for poll().

      Stay connected to the people that matter most with a smarter inbox. Take a look http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/smarterinbox